If you have an Audio Technica ATH-M50 headphone and you somehow get the spring loose from the jack end, you may feel that your headphone wire is now no more protected. You can try pushing it into the jack but you will find that it does not go in because the diameter of the jack end is smaller than the spring diameter. You do not have to worry since this is an easy fix and you can get it re inserted into the jack without much trouble. Here are the step by step instructions on how you can fix this particular problem.
- You will need a ball point pen as your tool for this job.
- Take the edge of the end of the spring facing the jack and put it into the gap in the jack end.
- Now take the ball point pen and place the point in between the first and second rung of the spring.
- Next twist the spring so that you are threading it into the jack end.
- You will find that the spring will screw into the jack opening.
- Once you have it screwed in give it a few more turns till it settles into the jack end.
- Now you are done with putting the spring back into the jack just like it was originally.
Having the spring come out of the jack end of your Audio Technica ATH-M50 headphones may seem like you may have the wire coming loose from the jack and that this would cause your headphones to malfunction. But if you foll the simple steps that are mentioned above, you will see how easy your headphone spring can be fixed and you will not have to worry about having to buy another set of expensive headphones.